If your mind is too open, your brain will fall out. Warning: Names, identities, descriptions, and pictures have been changed and/or used to protect the innocent as well as the guilty. PollyPeoria should not be used or quoted as a source for your senior college thesis.

Thursday, January 5

Polly Wants to See a Little Leg!

Manly Shorts of the Olden Days.....

And Silly Skirt-Shorts of Today....

I'm watching the Bradley v. Drake basketball game on NBC. Can someone tell me when shorts got so long and baggy? I know it's been the fashion for years, but it seems that this season's shorts are longer and baggier than ever. I did a double take when I first turned the game on. For a nanosecond I thought the players were wearing dresses. I still half expect a circus clown to ride down the court on a minature bike, blow a horn, and then pull some player's skirt-shorts down to expose wild colored polka dotted underpants.

Is this just a fashion statement, or is there a reason for it that I'm missing? I know when I wear stuff that baggy its because I'm trying to hide my chubby thighs. But these players are cut and don't have an ounce of fat between them.

Just curious.

Anyway, Go Bradley Braves! Er, I mean, Bradley Native Americans! Er, I mean, Bradley Native Peoples! Er, I mean Bradley Blades of Grass!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's HAMMER Time! Remember MC Hammer and his parachute pants? This year knee length, next year the man skirts will be ankle length, worn with hi-tops that look like granny boots. Cute!

Anonymous said...

"Go Bradley Fightin' Squirrels!"

Don't mind me. I'm just trying to stir up trouble again.

Anonymous said...

Polly... short shorts are, are... well, stupid.

I even find women more appealing in baggier shorts and the like. That tight crapola is fine for a 7 year old kid, I guess... but, it just looks like someone went through the wash machine on "hot" that day.

pollypeoria said...

Prego, I agree short shorts are uncomfy and stupid, but baggy skirt shorts are goofy. Surely there is a balanced alternative between the two.

Tell me, Prego, what type would you like to see Ms. Fonda wear?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Anonymous said...

Polly, Ms. Fonda could wear a burlap hoop skirt with a cotton ball lining, and I would not give a rat's patootie about it... it ain't the clothes that make the woman, it's the woman who makes the clothes, by gum.

pollypeoria said...

Gosh Prego Man, didn't you just comment rather recently:

"Who is Kelly Monaco? I can understand if there are hits being generated by "Bridget Fonda in garter belt" statements... but, again, I ask... Who is Kelly Monaco?"

I found a pic of Bridget in said garter belt, but since you would RATHER see her in a burlap hoop skirt (kinky) I will need more time to browse the web.

Polly aims to please.

Anonymous said...

Heck, Polly, I don't even mind if there are NO cotton balls inside the skirt... you can post it anyhoo... sincerely, Prego Man

Anonymous said...

Let duh troot be toll...

Blog Archive