If your mind is too open, your brain will fall out. Warning: Names, identities, descriptions, and pictures have been changed and/or used to protect the innocent as well as the guilty. PollyPeoria should not be used or quoted as a source for your senior college thesis.

Monday, January 15

Oh Well. I Wasn't Using My Civil liberties Anyway.

How special. On Martin Luther King Day no less.

From today's New York Times:

Vice President Dick Cheney defended efforts by the Pentagon and the C.I.A. to obtain financial records of Americans suspected of terrorism or espionage, calling the practice a "perfectly legitimate activity" used partly to protect troops on military bases.

Huh. Wonder if I can expect the CIA to go over my tax return with a fine tooth comb because I'm seriously considering leaving the Republican Party. I'd be willing to wager that Bush has killed more people than abortion of late.

So... Billy, Barbara, and Clyde- can you make room for one more?

4 comments:

pollypeoria said...

These days the other side is looking a lot brighter, Vonnie.

Billy Dennis said...

I'm sure you would be welcome into the Libertarian Party, Polly. The Dems aren't any more concerned about civil liberties that the GOP.

Anonymous said...

Polly,
Welcome back. It seems during your absense you have dipped your toes into the warm inviting waters of the left. That is fine, I do that from time to time to check stories and keep things in perspective. Please don't leave quite yet. The conservative right is not perfect, neither is the left. The right may have more restricltive policies, but I feel the left has more dangerous. Anyway, please don't swim to far off shore. It may be warm and nice now, but when you get deep into progressive liberalism it is cold, dark and lonely. How's that for being objective?!!?! Ha ha.....
Seriously don't give up just yet!!

pollypeoria said...

Oh B.J.,

Somewhere in the depths of my soul and beneath the cobwebs of my brain, I know the liberals are just as messed up as arch conservatives.

I have remained a Republican because I believed it was the lesser of two evils. However, it gets harder and harder support an "pro-life" president who continues to botch this idiotic war, allows troops to be killed and Iraqi civilians slaughtered, as well as deny stem cell research. Moreover, I don't think
Bush has a clue regarding the economy. He is running up a record national defcit in order to finance this stupid war and continues to offer tax cuts as a solution for, well, EVERYTHING. I don't believe this administration has the upper hand on anything. It doesn't have better morals, it doesn't have better fiscal policy. Tax and spend is stupid, but tax cut, spend, and KILL is even more idiotic.

Billy- Libertarians are just a bit too Darwinistic for me. Smart but heartless. (Not YOU, of course, Bill. You're an exception.)

Blog Archive