If your mind is too open, your brain will fall out. Warning: Names, identities, descriptions, and pictures have been changed and/or used to protect the innocent as well as the guilty. PollyPeoria should not be used or quoted as a source for your senior college thesis.

Sunday, February 5

FOOD BLOG ALERT!!!

If I had it to do over again, I would be a chef. I'm a foodie. I love food. I love to eat it, cook it, shop for it, and buy expensive equipment to prepare it. Some want porches, mansions, yachts... Polly dreams of a full set of Henckles knives. And a Viking Stove. And a commercial dishwasher. Anyway, it was with great delight I discovered Chef Kevin's Blog which I highly recommend.

Chef Kevin actually works in Corporate America/Peoria now, having exchanged his Chef hat for a 401K, (Chef Kev, you can have mine. Money is just paper. Food is forever. Just ask my thighs!) but he still wines and dines frequently at area restaurants and does an outstanding job of letting us know where to go and where to avoid.

God bless him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found this last week also, Polly. Great site.

Chef Kevin said...

I do, from time to time, dust off the chef hat and get back into the kitchen. I cook the occasional brunch, teach a cooking class from time to time and do some catering. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE to cook, create & design, I just hate the restaurant business. When your best friend's new born daughter is 7 months old before you see her, there is a bell that goes off in your head that says "This is (bleep)ed up". Life is too short.

And Polly, I do own a very full set of Henckel knives...and the old "real" one piece design ones at that.

Blog Archive