If your mind is too open, your brain will fall out. Warning: Names, identities, descriptions, and pictures have been changed and/or used to protect the innocent as well as the guilty. PollyPeoria should not be used or quoted as a source for your senior college thesis.

Monday, September 4

Who Would of Thunk It?

Gasoline prices brought a smile to my face today. A mere $2.74 a gallon. I filled up even though my tank was already half full. Polly typically drives on fumes and prayer. I thought it was nice that gas prices actually fell during a long holiday weekend for a change.

Then it dawned on me.

Greedy oil company bastard scum. Raise gas prices up to well over $3.00 bucks a gallon so the consumer will be delighted to pay a mere $2.74 a gallon. That will end those nasty, time consuming price gouging hearings. Evil geniuses.

Note to self. Buy more Exxon stock when the market opens on Tuesday.

3 comments:

Chef Kevin said...

Ah, they are taking a page out of the restaurant trick book. Volume over price. Lower the price, people will be estatic that the price dropped, drive more and make they make it up in volume. Did I say volume? Maybe they have too much in reserve and have to rid themselves of it?? Dunno. Gas is $2.65 in the Heights, btw.

pollypeoria said...

Of course, moments after I topped off my tank, gas prices fell even further. This is my special curse, Chef Kev. I did a post on my gas curse awhile back. Call me arrogant, but I believe I alone could alter the world economy and bring down high gas prices if I dedicated myself to filling up my tank several times a day. I don't, because I think people should conserve and because one person shouldn't exert that much power....

Randall said...

Gas prices falling? Mid-term elections? hmmm, wonder if the two have anything in common? I'll bet gas is near two bucks a gallon by November.

Blog Archive