If your mind is too open, your brain will fall out. Warning: Names, identities, descriptions, and pictures have been changed and/or used to protect the innocent as well as the guilty. PollyPeoria should not be used or quoted as a source for your senior college thesis.

Saturday, October 8

Schock vs. Spears. Oh yeah, Baby!

Now we have a race!!! I expect fun will be had by all, assuming Bill Spears accepts his party's nod to take on Boy Wonder.

Spears may deserve the post, but he will have to earn it all over again. Schock loves to campaign. LOVES it. Campaigning door to door? Most candidates hate it. Schock is better at it than a team of Fuller Brush Salesmen, a hoard of preaching Mormons, and a clique of dancing Avon Ladies combined. It's hard to imagine Bill Spears lowering himself to sucking up on Schock's level.

I've also noticed that Schock keeps sending out invitations to kids. "Read eight books and come to my ice cream party at the Aquaplex." Later this month he is having a kid's fair. If you ask me, it's creepy. However, I bet the soccer moms eat it up.

Remember the very ugly/entertaining Ricca Sloan v Aaron Schock campaign? I don't see Spears fighting dirty, which might be to his benefit. Voters say they don't like campaign mud slinging, but frankly, other than a beautiful spring day, nothing gets voter turn out higher. Schock is an easy target, after serving years as president on a school board that was clueless that the system was $8, $9, or $18 million in debt.

If Spears can drive up enough energy for campaign combat, I think he is Springfield bound. I'll miss him on the City Council, though. I think he is the one who keeps Sandberg on his meds.

No comments:

Blog Archive