If your mind is too open, your brain will fall out. Warning: Names, identities, descriptions, and pictures have been changed and/or used to protect the innocent as well as the guilty. PollyPeoria should not be used or quoted as a source for your senior college thesis.

Monday, February 26

So Help Me Gawd....

I completed my tax return over the weekend. Despite my pathetic salary, no refund this year. So help me Gawd, if any of my tax dollars are used for yet another useless yet wildly expensive TIF to subsidize luxuries for Peoria Civic Center-hoity-toity-pigs-at-the-trough, I will personally punish each and every council member who votes pro TIF by dumping a stinky bucket of slops on their front lawn. You want stay at the Ritz? Fine. Hell, I'd like to stay at the Ritz at least once before I die. Just don't expect tax payers to subsidize your spa day and thousand thread count sheets. What next? A TIF for city wide aromatherapy treatments?

When are these people going to learn that continually throwing good money after bad at a failed project/policy will not redeem it?

Any City Council candidate who hems and haws, ducks, bobs, weaves, dodges, or worse- states, "we need to study this further" on this issue should be boot kicked off the ballot. Period.



Hoity-Toity-Peria-Civic-Center-TIF-Pig enjoying a relaxing tax payer subsidized mud bath at the proposed downtown Hotel and Day Spa.

No comments:

Blog Archive