If your mind is too open, your brain will fall out. Warning: Names, identities, descriptions, and pictures have been changed and/or used to protect the innocent as well as the guilty. PollyPeoria should not be used or quoted as a source for your senior college thesis.

Monday, November 28

Jennifer and Molly need eye candy.

Well, they do if they are going to keep up the current "tee hee hee" tone used for the Word on the Street column. I agree with The Peoria Pundit. Everything reported in today's column is really old news. We already knew who got votes for to fill the At-Large seat gifted Jacob months and months ago. In fact, I think it was Molly and Jen who "broke" that news originally. Pat Sullivan not stepping up to run for his old buddy's state senate seat is old news too (ahem). What disturbs me more than the regurgitation of well known facts is the tone of the article. It is as flip as anything Liz Smith writes or a hormonal girl in Junior High writes in a note passed during Algebra class. Nothing wrong with it, but I think the duo (BTW, it takes two fine journalists to come up with these nuggets of old news?) should join the rest of us unpaid dorks/gossip hounds in blogosphere if they plan to keep it up. Moreover, gossip should always include eye candy. Always.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

But they get paid for it

Anonymous said...

Polly, I get PLENTY of eye candy from that simple photo of Molly Parker (even though it hardly does her justice) at the top of their column.

I would appreciate a full body photo of Ms. Parker, and if you could post one for me, it would be greatly appreciated. Then, and only then, will Bill realize that Ms. Parker blows Scarlett straight out of the hot-babe pool.

I'm out.

pollypeoria said...

Anonymous - Yes, I believe that I mentioned that 'they get paid for it' in the post. That was the point. Because they get paid, they should attempt to sound more professional.

Blog Archive