If your mind is too open, your brain will fall out. Warning: Names, identities, descriptions, and pictures have been changed and/or used to protect the innocent as well as the guilty. PollyPeoria should not be used or quoted as a source for your senior college thesis.

Friday, December 16

How do you define FLUFF? You decide.

Fluff as in propaganda. As in all style, no substance. As I in I really want to be smart, rich and beautiful but I have no real plan or expectation of ever getting there. In an attempt to disguise my inertia I offer the following.

Personally, I thought Ran$burg's Vision 20/20 Plan (or as I lovingly refer to it, Hallucination 20/20) was a pathetic re-election ploy. Basically, it was as if Davie was saying, "I know I haven't done anything in the last four years, but I'm gonna. See?!"

PeoriaDad disagrees. So go to the link and decide. I stand corrected - twice in one day no less. The Hallucination 20/20 booklet was funded by the Peoria Civic Federation (BTW: Does that sound communist to anyone else or is it just moi?) not The City. Of course, where exactly does The Federation get its funds?

Gary? A little help here?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As to the original question, yes it is fluff. I don't know how to take this. On one hand a little coordination would be great and probably benefit us all. But it would seem that this sort of desired cooperation would best come from say the county board and city council? The "players" and "payers" noted on the website http://www.vision2020.org/org_struct.aspx aren't fully identified. If I remember correctly it's a conglomeration of most of the "largest" employers or exporters of jobs such as Ransburg, but it includes some other entities, including tax supported ones like ICC which I thought was represented by it's president John Erwin, Bradley U, the hospitals etc.

Maybe Vision 20/20 is inclusive but all I've read and heard so far has left me with the impression that it's the movers and shakers trying to govern without being elected and having to deal with the accountability of open meetings and tax payer input.

steven edward streight said...

Ransburg always had a frozen frown on his face.

I think someone abused him as a child.

I'm not making fun of him specifically, I just dislike all political parties and all politicians.

But he never looked human. He had one look, like he was hearing voices say: "We will hurt you if you smile or act normal. We control the universe. Frown or die."

Blog Archive