If your mind is too open, your brain will fall out. Warning: Names, identities, descriptions, and pictures have been changed and/or used to protect the innocent as well as the guilty. PollyPeoria should not be used or quoted as a source for your senior college thesis.

Thursday, April 6

Bloggers get the COOLEST e-mail...

I have got to check my blog e-mailbox more often. Most of Polly's in box consists of the posted comments from my beloved fans and foes, which are automatically sent to my e-mail account. Since I read your comments whenever I login to my blog, I tend to get lazy when it comes to reading my PollyPeoria e-mail. After today, I am resolved to be more diligent.

I received this lovely e-note from School Board Member Sean Matheson:

Dear Polly,

I was relieved to see you were interested in studying the new
school site we are contemplating - not everyone is giving us that
chance. I was wondering if you would like to get together over
coffee or a beer to discuss the issue. I would just like the
opportunity to make our case and for you to to grill me before you
decide whether to oppose or endorse our plans.

And since I am letting you use that picture of me talking on the
phone outside my trailer,
isn't it the least you could do? ;-)

Sean Matheson



Sean, I would love nothing more than to take you up on the offer, but I got this demure-mystery-woman-anonymous-persona to keep up. Although the thought of free beer is really tempting... I am trying to independently gather as much info as I can. Is there someone I could call in order to obtain a written copy of the plans? I tried the Admin Bldg. on Wisconsin, they thought I was on crack.

I also want thank Scott for his lovely pic of his very hairy gams. Sorry, Dude, your legs are NOT hotter than mine, but your bathroom looks quite superior. Scott has a very sex red bathtub. Sigh. I am giving up on my feeble attempts at home improvement. Anyone know a good contractor? Or a talented Arsonist?

By the way, Scott has a really nice blog. I read through the whole thing today. Good stuff.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe Matheson should worry more about meeting with East Bluff residents than bloggers.

Anonymous said...

Polly,
You could wear a paper bag over your head to meet with Sean and be "The Unknown Blogger" :)

pollypeoria said...

SA, You make a very good point. Yet another example of one branch of local government failing to learn from another branch of local government. After the Ran$burg Adminstration, two City Councilmen can not be spotted standing next to each other at a public restroom urinal without someone from the Journal Star whining about an open meetings act violation. Obviously the Glen Oak Park School Theme Park Plan enjoyed plenty of discussion long before the public was let in on the idea. Because of financial mismanagement and a tradition toward corruption, every governmental body in Illinois needs to understand and accept the fact that the public demands to be informed of every plan/idea in the embryonic stage.

pollypeoria said...

CJ - Where the media and bloggerland is concerned exploitation is a two way street. Matheson very well may be attempting to calm waters after the "final" (HA!) decision, but I am free to ignore or post any comment he makes, in any fashion I see fit. Don't worry, I haven't edited anything he has written. I applaud any attempt a public offical makes to communicate with the public. It is up to the Polly and her 13 dedicated readers to decide if Matheson's communications are legitimate or too little, too late.

Anonymous said...

I appreciate his comments about the model of the school. It is certainly an attempt to head in the right direction. I don't think he really wants to or should have entered this forum to attempt to discuss the matter though. Who knows, maybe he'll come off better than he does in person. I'll give him one thing, he certainly doesn't blow with the wind or intentionally avoid controversy like the school board president.

If the neighbors are ticked, address their concern. If Bob Manning and the city council are ticked, screw them. Bob Manning has rarely set foot in Dist. 150 schools if ever in his life. His predecessors on the council did as much if not more to hurt 150 over the years than any school board ever did with their poor planning or pushes to the cornfields out north.

It's time for everyone to sit down, put it all on the table and find the best resolution, knowing full well that the end result will not satisfy everyone.

Anonymous said...

First Anon: screw the City of Peoria Council? This glorified social agency is in the confines of the City-why shouldn't the City Council be made aware of the plan before the final decision- if it is going to be as Sean says it is, there will be more police calls there than at the Harrison-it seems to me that it will be the City of Peoria Police answering those calls. Bring the City into these discussions.

Blog Archive