If your mind is too open, your brain will fall out. Warning: Names, identities, descriptions, and pictures have been changed and/or used to protect the innocent as well as the guilty. PollyPeoria should not be used or quoted as a source for your senior college thesis.

Sunday, June 11

To DeWayne Bartels, With Deep Sympathy


I read in the PJ Star Obituaries this past week that DeWayne Bartels' mother recently passed away. For those of you who don't know him, DeWayne is a reporter for the Peoria Times Observer and an occasional PollyPeoria commenter.

Sometimes I get the Times Observer, sometimes I don't. Apparently I live on the border of what is considered "North Peoria." Although I don't always agree with Bartels, I always find his articles stimulating. I get really cranky when I have to walk a few blocks in order to steal someone else's Observer.

Take care DeWayne. I will be thinking of you and your family during this sad time.

Love,

Polly

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom's passing was sudden, but not totally unexpected.
My brother and I were at her side, luckily, when the time came.
We didn't have that opportunity as boys when our father died.
Mom didn't suffer.
We don't think she realized what was happening, so there was no fear.
The doctors tell us one of the bloodclots in her leg broke loose and went to her heart.
Her passing, as strange as it may sound, was a blessing.
She didn't know it but faced the possibility of having her left leg amputated in surgery that was scheduled today.
I faced the possibility of some very hard decisions this morning. But, as Mom did for Steve and I so many times duing our lives she took a heavy burden off our shoulders.
My family and I appreciate your thoughfulness Polly.

Pammy said...

Though I realize that it's probably not the 'proper' forum for it, I'm including my condolences, as well.

Anonymous said...

DeWayne dear,

I didn't know your mother, but I know one of her sons--you. She undoubtedly knew the good she did by blessing the world with a remarkable, loving son such as you.

My best wishes, sympathy and love to you, dear friend.

Barbara

Blog Archive