If your mind is too open, your brain will fall out. Warning: Names, identities, descriptions, and pictures have been changed and/or used to protect the innocent as well as the guilty. PollyPeoria should not be used or quoted as a source for your senior college thesis.

Thursday, January 26

I Miss Dave's Blog

I really, really, REALLY miss it in fact. I kind of considered myself a part of the Dahl Family. Uh, actually, that might freak them out a bit. What I mean is checking up on the Dahl's always cheered my day. It also reminded me to stop feeling sorry for myself and to stop wallowing in my petty problems. I can't think of a better example of grace, strength, and even happiness found while facing adversity than the Dahls. Despite having a young son struggling with Batten Disease, the Dahl Family boldly marches through life heaping unconditional love on their kids while swatting down any barrier to joy that dares to cross their path. Their kids Clifford and "One-eye" are adorable.

My pathetic understanding of Batten Disease: It is a rare but fatal disease that slowly dissolves brain tissue. To me, it sort of sounds like Alzhiemer's that strikes young kids. If you want a better, more scientific explanation, click here.

I don't know why Dave gave up his blog - heaven knows he has a lot on his plate. I just want him to know that he is missed. So, To: Dave, Corrina, Clifford and One Eye - I just want you to know that I say a prayer for your wonderful family every day. Hope all is well. Stay strong.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As usual, Polly, you're right on point. I miss Dave and his family as well. But, lucky me, I get to see him regularly in person!

Blog Archive