If your mind is too open, your brain will fall out. Warning: Names, identities, descriptions, and pictures have been changed and/or used to protect the innocent as well as the guilty. PollyPeoria should not be used or quoted as a source for your senior college thesis.

Saturday, January 14

An Ode to Audrey Hepburn

Proof that you don't have to be blonde or naked to be beautiful...
The bike is kinda sexy though...

Before I die I just gotta find a hat like this and an occasion to wear it.
Halloween costume party doesn't count.

Hey! Isn't that one of Councilwoman VanAuken's "kids?"


Something a little more modern...


Just to prove Audrey wasn't a prude.
That's exactly how I look chatting on the phone, by the way.

I'm off to rent Breakfast at Tiffany's and Funny Face now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Polly! If I didn't already have a fabulous twin, I'd want you. So far you've only left out Bette Davis, Katherine Hepburn and Ingrid Bergman as the all-time great ladies. But then, I'm older than you (but, I strongly suspect, not a bit wiser). Thanks for the fabulous photos of a truly beautiful soul.

Anonymous said...

Polly: Wear the hat to your coming out party.

Laura Petelle said...

Eyebrows has a hat just like that. She wears it out in the summer, particularly to weddings and church, but also to meet people for lunch.

Eyebrows sunburns easily and figure she might as well look stylish while deflecting the rays! Join me, Polly, we'll start a trend and get the department stores to carry chic-er hats and maybe even employ some local milliners!

(And ooooooh, do I ever want a Vespa of my very own!)

Mahkno said...

http://www.vespausa.com/products/index.cfm

Blog Archive