If your mind is too open, your brain will fall out. Warning: Names, identities, descriptions, and pictures have been changed and/or used to protect the innocent as well as the guilty. PollyPeoria should not be used or quoted as a source for your senior college thesis.

Friday, June 8

Even When I Don't Know What I'm Talking About...

I know what I'm talking about. I don't flatter myself that Jennifer Davis or Terri Bibo got the idea for today's front page article from my silly little post, but I am pleased to see the museum boondoggle come under fire.

Billy posts a rather cute picture of pigs at the trough, but I feel a bit more harsh. Checkout Big Yellow. My, she just gets bigger and greedier by the profitable quarter, doesn't she?

I have nothing against CAT wanting a feather to put in its cap, but I just think it should pay for its own feather. Asking employees and tax payers to pay for a CAT visitor's center is in poor taste, to say the least.

Hey, CAT! There are some companies that pay for educational museums which don't pay homage to the products they sell. Imagine that!

8 comments:

Peo Proud said...

I thought CAT was paying for their own visitors center and making a substantial contribution to the Lakeview Museum project also? I've not heard that CAT is seekign private donations for any portion of their piece of the development. Did I miss something?

Anonymous said...

Oh the pigs are all female! Nice, Polly, real nice.

pollypeoria said...

Anon, Oh, PUHLEEEEEZE! I haven't consumed nearly enough caffine to stomach such stupid PC. I couldn't find a pic of a fat guy in a yellow bikini. The women who are posing are clearly happy to be doing so, they aren't being exploited, or at worse, they are exploiting themselves. Besides, everyone knows the most powerful at CAT are always male.

Peo Proud. Yup. You are missing something. First of all, no matter how worthy the cause, it is rude for any employer to suggest how any employee should spend or donate their hard earned money, let alone pressure them to do so. Also, we are stuck looking at an ugly lot until enough money is raised for the museum (which ain't happening) before we will have the privlege of beholding CAT's precious visitor's center. What leaves a bad taste in my mouth is that CAT is trying to project this "donation" as a gift to Peoria when it is really just a sleazy way for CAT to promote itself.

Anonymous said...

Nice picture!!! Which one is you???

Anonymous said...

I bet it's the brunette in the middle.

You are pretty!

Anonymous said...

No way... Polly's gotta be the one on the left... notice the body language... it goes with her snarky comment.

Anonymous said...

Oh and Polly... some people actually take pride in the companies they work for and might enjoy the completed visitor center.

pollypeoria said...

Snarky, eh? Where have I heard that before? Nice conversation with yourself there, Anon. CAT does have a lot to be proud of, and no doubt, the vistor's center will be the biggest draw of the whole museum complex, if it ever gets built, that is. If CAT wants a visitor, it should build one, and not try to pass it off as a charitable gift but as the fine capitalistic enterprise it is, or would be, if they would shut up, put up and build it already. I don't believe the citizens of Peoria, the Feds, or CAT employees could make their lack of support for a museum more clear. A lack of donations translates into a lack of support/interest - period!

Blog Archive