If your mind is too open, your brain will fall out. Warning: Names, identities, descriptions, and pictures have been changed and/or used to protect the innocent as well as the guilty. PollyPeoria should not be used or quoted as a source for your senior college thesis.

Tuesday, December 13

Who says politics can't be entertaining?

I typically watch City Council meetings the day after when they re-run on Cable Channel 22. Therefore, I usually miss WCBU's program "Outside the Horseshoe" with Jonathan Ahl. Lucky me -and you- I just paid a visit to the WCBU web page, and guess what?! Those of us suckers with crummy work schedules can now listen to Outside the Horseshoe on-line. Can I tell you? Last week's program was a doozy! Third District Bob Manning told the whole truth and nothing but about Peoria's 2006 Budget, and some of his colleague's inability to properly prepare and make edcuated decisions as councilmen. Hey! It's one letter grade off for each day you come to class unprepared, Gentlemen. Yes, you have to actually read the budget.

Despite Manning's push to buy the water company, I'm beginning to like this guy more and more. He doesn't come off as another professional political hack, simply a guy who wants to fix what's broken and then go home. Imagine that!

Anyway, even if you don't give a rat's ass about City politics, take fifteen minutes to listen to the segment. I promise you will find it both enlightening and entertaining. At least you'll know who not to vote off the Council next time District elections come around.

BTW: You will most likely need to scroll down to the end of the WCBU News page to hear the segment. (Linking issues.)

3 comments:

PeoriaIllinoisan said...

Thank You.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Bob is definately becoming a leader on the council. I'd say tha man has a future.

I just hope no one finds out his past as a foul-mouthed stand-up comic who was awarded the Mark Twain Prize for humor by the Kennedy Center. This town would turn on him in an INSTANT.

Anonymous said...

Gawd. I think I might be in love. Is Manning single?

Blog Archive